July 14, 2014 at 11:34 am #1227
The School District of La Crosse is accepting applications for a 1.0 FTE Charter Teacher at Lincoln Middle School (0.5 FTE Coulee Montessori and 0.5 FTE School of Technology and Arts II) beginning the 2014-2015 school year.
Wisconsin certification 777 is required. Previous Montessori training and training in the fine arts or arts integration is preferred. Successful candidate must apply for and receive a Charter School/Alternative Education License, at own expense, within 2 years of accepting position. Must obtain Montessori certification, at own expense, within 2 years.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following qualifications:
• Ability to collaborate with other professionals.
• Ability to work with sensitivity in a multicultural setting.
• Excellence in using developmentally appropriate, integrated practices.
• Conversant with current strategies for emergent readers, math manipulation and thematic
curriculum within the Montessori setting.
• Knowledge of current Montessori literature and approaches to teaching/learning.
• Knowledge of thematic planning in an arts integrated, project-based environment.
• Knowledge of adolescent, multi-age instructional strategies.
• Adaptable to changing educational settings.
• Ability to develop and maintain successful parent involvement activities.
• Montessori training.
Applicants are requested not to contact or send resumes to individual building principals. To be given full consideration, please upload letter of interest, resume, credentials, and transcripts to your WECAN account: https://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/.
Deadline to apply is June 30, 2014, (or until position is filled). Interview candidates will be contacted after July 10, 2014. THIS POSITION IS STILL SEEKING QUALIFIED CANDIDATES (updated 7/14/14).
The School District of La Crosse is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, political affiliation, marital status, disability or arrest or conviction record.
The School District of La Crosse encourages applications from all segments of the population.We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or government, or against any individual(s) who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.
Candidates seeking accommodations during an interview are encouraged to indicate such at the time they are contacted to interview.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.